If you're like me, your yoga mat is well-loved and used several times a week! Regardless of the type of yoga you practice, whether it's a sweaty yoga flow sesh or a yummy restorative class, you definitely need to be giving it a quick clean swipe. Keep your DIY yoga mat spray in your gym bag so it's handy right after a workout.
So, in honor of International Yoga Day on June 21st, here's a DIY beauty recipe for yoga mat spray to kick of your weekend! And don't forget, shop all weekend with a 21% discount (code SUMSOLSTICE18 at checkout).
DIY Yoga Mat Spray
- A small spray bottle, 1-4 oz. You can buy bottles on Amazon in small quantities - even better if you have something at home that you can clean out and upcycle!
- Distilled water (enough to fill your bottle 3/4 of the way to the top)
- 4 drops your choice of antibacterial and antifungal essential oils - tea tree, lemon or eucaplytpus
- Optional - 2 drops of your favorite essential oil (we love lavender after a workout!)
- Witch Hazel (enough to fill 1/4 of your bottle)
Why should you clean your yoga mat after each use?
- Keep your mat nicer, longer through regular cleanings.
- Makes you a good yogi neighbor because you won't have a stinky yoga mat!
- Will help keep bacteria and germs at bay - good for you and your class neighbor!
Hope you have fun making this recipe! Want to share the DIY experience with your fellow yoga loves? Invite me into a class for a quick DIY sesh - I'll bring all the materials for everyone to create his or her own DIY yoga mat spray!